Students in Grades 4 through 8 are able to participate in Band. The SSPP Band program is administered by the Paul Effman Music Service. Paul Effman Music has been providing Instrumental Music Programs to the Diocese of Buffalo Since 2002, and has been serving Catholic Schools Since 1971. Through this service, SSPP brings students the following benefits:
- Highly trained New York Certified Music Educators
- Weekly, small group lessons on-site, after school
- 30 lessons per school year, October through May
- A variety of instruments to choose from, including flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, bells and drums
- Rental instruments available at competitive rates, if necessary
- Experience teaching in over 30 private schools across WNY
Each year, experienced players present a joyful and entertaining Christmas concert for school families, where various pieces are performed, from traditional hymns to fun and upbeat numbers, all meant to give students the opportunity to showcase their talents and raise spirits! Later in the school year, the full band performs a Spring Concert, again allowing students their time to shine. Other performances may take place as well at the discretion of the principal.
In addition to the SSPP Band, students in Grades 4-8 are also eligible for the Western New York Catholic School Honor Band, featuring the strongest musicians from our area band programs.
To learn more about the benefits of music programs for students, visit the Paul Effman Music site.